Sunday, August 11, 2013

Restaurant reviews : Zamu's Place, Pune

I discovered this place about 4 months back when my brother Arjya came down to pune for a couple of days and virtually forced me to take him there. Excellent decision. Sangeeta n I revisited this place a couple of days back. Here's what happened
We started off with the bacon wrapped prawns. Yes prawns wrapped in bacon. Arguably two of my favorite meats. As I mentioned in my Facebook post when you get bacon and prawns you can't go wrong! It was magical. Medium sized prawns wrapped with two strips of bacon each skewered with a toothpick and deep fried. Magic. 10/10
I also ordered the potato bacon soup. I was expecting chunks of bacon or potato but it was more of a creamy soup with a mild flavor. Under seasoned. 5/10
Next came the main course. We both ordered the special steak. And it was special. A thick slice of ham (they provide a choice of pork or chicken ham)and cheese sandwiched between two thick juicy slabs of beef. The steaks were medium rare with just a bit of pink in the center and seemed to be cooked with some mild well seasoned garlic sauce . The meat was the star of the show. The slab of ham was thick and delicious and had a generous amount of cheese. On the side were the standard veggies and fries. Condiments were limited to ketchup and a particularly tangy mustard sauce. However the steak being as juicy as it was, you really didn't need anything else

For dessert we ordered the honey glazed bacon. Bacon glazed with honey and cinnamon with a blob of ice cream. Sheer beauty













Overall I would definitely want to visit this place again. Maybe even bring dad here. Then we can have a showdown between Zamu's and Touché. See which is the best steak in town. 

 
Address: 
Zamus Place Shop No. 189, 
Nirmal Apartment, 
BS Dhole Patil Path, Pune, MH 411001 ‎ 
020 2612 3610 ‎ 

No comments: